Set a SIM PIN
- What's a SIM PIN?
A PIN (or Personal Identification Number) is a 4-digit code that stops other people from using your SIM card when it’s switched off or taken out of your phone.
If you set up a SIM PIN, you’ll be asked to enter the PIN when you turn on or restart your phone, or, if you have an iPhone, when you restore it.
We recommend having a SIM PIN, because in the event that your phone is stolen, you’ll have added security against someone else using your phone.
- How to set up a SIM PIN on your phone
How to set up a SIM PIN depends on what type of phone you have. If this is the first time you’re setting up a SIM PIN on your phone, your phone may ask you for your default SIM PIN. For Talkmobile phones, this number is 0000.
- Setting up a SIM PIN for the first time on an iPhone
You can follow the Apple Support step-by-step guide to set up your iPhone SIM PIN.
- Setting up a SIM PIN for the first time on an Android phone
Many different phones use the Android operating system, and they all have a similar set of steps for setting up a SIM PIN:
- Go to Apps from the Home screen
- Tap Settings
- Tap Security
- Here you will either be able to tap Lock SIM card or Change SIM PIN
- If you can select Change SIM PIN, you’ll need to enter the default PIN for your SIM card. This is 0000 for Talkmobile SIM cards and most other phone companies.
If Lock SIM card is not greyed out, you’ll need to tap this, then tap Change SIM PIN
- Enter your new 4-digit PIN, then tap the OK button
- Confirm your new 4-digit PIN by re-entering it, then tap OK
- Your SIM PIN will now have been successfully changed.
- Setting up a SIM PIN for the first time on a Windows phone
You can follow the Windows Support step-by-step guide to set up your SIM PIN.
- Resetting your SIM PIN
The only time you’ll need to reset your SIM PIN is if you’ve entered your SIM PIN unsuccessfully 3 or more times, and you’ve been locked out of your SIM. To reset your SIM you’ll need a Personal Unblocking Key (PUK) code.
How do I get a PUK code?
To get a PUK code, simply contact our Help Team from a non-Talkmobile phone on 0333 304 8064 (charges apply), or if you know someone with a Talkmobile phone, you can call us for free on 5888. We’ll ask you a few security questions first so we can verify your identity.
What do I do once I've got my PUK code?
Once you have your 8-digit PUK code, enter it when prompted to by your phone, and your SIM should then be unblocked.
Please enter your PUK code carefully, as your SIM card will become permanently blocked if you enter it incorrectly 10 or more times. If you do permanently block your SIM, simply contact our Help Team to get a new one.