BlackBerry Internet Service Terms and Conditions (before Feb'15)
1. The BlackBerry® Internet Service (BIS) is available to Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go customers.
2. BIS is subject to your normal terms and conditions for the supply of Talkmobile Network Services, which are to be found in our Terms and Conditions.
3. BIS may be available whilst roaming abroad for an additional charge. Your BlackBerry may synchronise with your email accounts automatically resulting in you incurring such additional charges. If you do not wish to receive email whilst abroad you can turn off the BlackBerry internet service directly from your BlackBerry (see our user manual for details).
4. Your use of BIS is subject to your acceptance of the terms and conditions of Research in Motion Limited (BlackBerry), as may be amended from time to time. These terms are made available to you at the time of activation of your BIS. These terms include the right to use BlackBerry's software to access the service. By activating BIS you agree to comply with BlackBerry's terms.
5. Where there is any inconsistency between these terms and the Talkmobile Network Terms, Talkmobile's Network Terms will prevail.
6. All Blackberry devices accompanied with Talkmobile services are automatically provisioned to access premium content. The premium content control bar which restricts access to the internet, cannot be applied to these devices and services.
Additional information for Pay As You Go customers
1. Customers with a BlackBerry phone and who successfully opt into BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS) by topping up £5 each month will receive 500MB of data to use on BlackBerry services, which includes BlackBerry email, BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), and internet browsing. Downloading data or video streaming is not included in BIS, this will be charged as per the standard data rate per MB (please see Pay As You Go for current charges).
2. The subscription reoccurs each month unless cancelled or if there is insufficient credit to complete the subscription. If you have insufficient credit the subscription will cease, and you will have to resubscribe to the service by dialling 40090 from your BlackBerry handset.
3. The BIS subscription in most cases is immediate; however there are exceptions where it can take up to 24 hours to be applied. From when BIS is activated, the subscription will last for 30 days. It will be continually renewed each 30 days as long as you have £5 of credit for the subscription.
4. You can cancel your subscription at any time but no refunds will be given. If you cancel your BIS subscription mid-term, you will still be charged the full £5 for 30 days and the subscription will remain live until the end of 30 days. To cancel your subscription you will have to dial 40090 from your BlackBerry phone.
5. We can suspend (in other words bar), restrict or stop providing the services (all or part of them) if you continually use over 500MB for BIS.
BlackBerry®, RIM, Research In Motion and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. Used under license from Research In Motion Limited.