Everything you need to know about your Spend Limit
What is your Spend Limit?
Your Spend Limit is the maximum amount you will be allowed to spend on calls and messages to numbers which are not included in your monthly allowance. If you haven’t changed your Spend Limit yet it’s probably set to £50, but you can amend that any time.
What type of charges are covered under your Spend Limit?
- Calls and messages to Premium Rate or Non-Geographic numbers e.g. numbers that start with the prefixes 09, 03, 084 and 087
- Calls and messages from the UK to International numbers
- Calls and messages made while roaming from outside the EU*
- Data usage while roaming from outside the EU*
- Any calls and messages after you've used up your plan's inclusive allowance of minutes and SMS/MMS
- If you are not on one of our Talkmobile “MyPlans” (Small, Medium, Large or Extra Large) or “MySIMO” (Small, Medium, Large or Extra Large) any extra data after you've used up all the data in your monthly allowance
Not sure what plan you're on? No problem - it's easy to check, simply login to talkmobile.co.uk/myaccount
So, for example, if your monthly tariff is £10 and you’ve set a Spend Limit of £5 then:
- You’ll only be able to call your friend in Australia until the call charges reach £5, when you reach £5 the call will be stopped
- Anything you spend up to the £5 spend limit will be added to your bill in addition to the cost of the monthly plan tariff that you’ve chosen
- Although your spend limit is £5 you will only pay for the cost of the calls you’ve made or messages you’ve sent
- It will still be possible for your bill to exceed £15 as there are other charges which do not count towards you Spend Limit, see below
What is not covered under your Spend Limit?
- The charge for your monthly plan and any minutes, texts or data that are included in your monthly allowance
- Any Booster purchases
- Charges for paying by Credit or Debit Cards
- Charges for sending or re-sending Paper Bills
- Donations to charity or other purchases you make which are charged to your bill
- Charges for failed Direct Debits
- Charges to change your phone number to a new one
So even if you've set a Spend Limit of £0, your bill can still be higher than the amount you pay for your monthly plan as none of the above are restricted by the Spend Limit and will be added to your bill. For example if you have set a Spend Limit of £0 you’ll still be able to buy as many Boosters as you want,but as they do not count towards your Spend Limit you will pay for these in addition to the cost of your monthly plan.
*see talkmobile.co.uk/roaming-in-europe for information about roaming in Europe