Talkmobile acceptable use policy
Date: 06 September 2023
This acceptable use policy covers your usage obligations for your Talkmobile Service under your Pay Monthly Customer Agreement. It forms part of your contract with us, along with your Terms & Conditions and Detailed Price Plan Info. This policy sets out your usage obligations, what you can do to avoid breaching the policy and what happens if your usage is deemed to breach the policy.
Use of our services
You have an obligation to use our services for private, personal and legitimate consumer purposes only. Failure to adhere to the policy may mean a loss of, or restriction to your service. Below is a non-exhaustive list of your obligations and the types of activity you should avoid.
- Make sure you use our services and SIM cards for private, personal and legitimate consumer purposes only. You must not use our services or SIM cards for business purposes.
Don’t: make calls or send texts in relation to the marketing, promotion or administration of a business, group or organisation, or for any non-private/non-personal purpose. For example, sending bulk texts to a customer base, or a non-private/non-personal group distribution list. Make an excessive number of calls to an unusually large number of recipients, with the intention of promoting a business or service, or non-personal purpose would constitute use of our service for non-personal consumer use and would be in breach of this policy.
- You must not use our services or SIM cards to generate artificially inflated traffic, or to send automated or unsolicited text messages.
Don’t: send abnormally high volumes of texts, send texts to an unusually large number of recipients, send large volumes of texts in a short space of time or send SPAM texts. These are examples of usage, which would be a breach of this policy.
- You must not resell our services. You’re not to use, or allow anyone else to use, our services or SIM cards to contact numbers that pay any type of revenue (including, but not limited to, call forwarding services, concurrent calling, paging services, onward calling services).
Don’t: make unusually high volumes of calls or make calls to ear financial revenue or other reward.
- You must not establish, install or use a gateway device, application, or SIM box (including devices tethered via cable, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to a computer or the internet for the purposes of making large volumes of calls or sending large volumes of texts).
Don’t: use gateway devices, applications or SIM boxes to send automated messages, or to make automated calls.
- You must not use our services or SIM cards for fraudulent or criminal purposes, or in a way that’s in breach of law (including making calls, sending messages or posting or downloading content which is, offensive, defamatory, indecent or a nuisance).
Don’t: use our services in any way which would be a breach of this policy, for example, making nuisance calls, illegal file-sharing or downloads, or viewing illegal content.
- Use of our services while in EU/EEA areas or other Roaming destinations is intended for temporary, periodic travel such as holidays and short breaks, and are subject to our Roaming Fair Use Policy and Permanent Roaming policy.
- You are not permitted to spend more than £240 per month and £40 for any single transaction, when using our services to call numbers with the following prefixes; 118, 0871, 0872 and 0873.
Roaming Fair Use Policy
Roaming (talkmobile.co.uk/roam-charges) is included in your monthly plan (“Inclusive Roaming”). However, your data usage in your Inclusive Roaming destinations will be limited (“Roaming Fair Use Limit”) as per the below table:
Date when joined Talkmobile
Roaming Fair Use Limit*
Joined or upgraded with us before 14 March 2023
15GB per billing month
Joined or upgraded with us on or after 14 March 2023
5GB per billing month
*The Roaming Fair Use Limits are subject to the rules on Permanent Roaming set out below.
We will notify you as you approach your Roaming Fair Use threshold and again once reached. If you reach the threshold, you will be subject to additional roaming charges as per our Detailed Price Plan Information, which can be found at talkmobile.co.uk/all-plans (see “Roaming charges” section).
You must not use any Inclusive Roaming services more than would be reasonably expected. Use of our services while in the Inclusive Roaming destinations are intended for temporary, periodic travel such as holidays and short breaks.
We will monitor and check your roaming use. If you roam in any Inclusive Roaming destination for 61 or more days in a 120 day period (“Permanently Roaming”) you may incur additional roaming charges. We’ll send you a warning email or text to let you know. If after 14 days from sending you a warning message you continue to use Inclusive Roaming, you’ll be charged a surcharge of £7 per week for as long as you are Permanently Roaming.
What happens if your usage falls outside the acceptable usage policy?
If we suspect you’re not adhering to our Acceptable Use Policy, we reserve the right to impose further charges on you and/or disconnect your SIM card or contract at any time.
We may also restrict access to just one part of your service (for example, restrict your use of our text service if we believe you have sent text messages that are in breach of this policy).
We’ll attempt to contact you if we need to disconnect your service.