Buying Online Terms
What you need to know when you buy things from the Talkmobile website.
By ordering from us you agree you’ve read and accepted these terms which include the following:
- These buying online terms
- If you’re buying a pay monthly product and/or service The Talkmobile Contract Customer Airtime Agreement (Terms and Conditions)
- The Talkmobile acceptable use policy - The Talkmobile Acceptabe Use Policy
- The Talkmobile returns policy - The Talkmobile Returns Policy
- Detailed price plan info - Detailed Price Plan Info
Some products or services may be subject to additional terms or provided by third parties. We recommend that you read such terms before proceeding with your order
If you're an individual who's placing an order, you must be 18 years or older and resident in the UK, to purchase any products or services from us.
You'll be guided through the Talkmobile online ordering process by a series of simple instructions on this website. By clicking the 'buy now 'button at the end of the check-out process you have confirmed that you would like to buy a product and service and have placed an order with Talkmobile. Alternatively you may be assisted in your purchase through webchat. By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions in the webchat, you have confirmed that you would liketo buy a product and service from us and have placed an order with Talkmobile
Only one pay monthly product can be purchased per order. Once you have placed an order, we'll send you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from us.
We'll then send you a dispatch email confirmation once your order is being shipped to you from our warehouse.
Our acceptance of your order and completion of the contract with you will take place on the dispatch of your order, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it in accordance with our cancellation instructions below.
We may decide not to accept your order if:
- The product you ordered is out of stock
- We cannot obtain authorisation for your payment
- We identify a pricing or product description error with the product you have ordered
- You do not pass the Identification (‘ID’) check and meet the requirements set out in the Talkmobile Mobile Contract Customer Airtime Agreement.
If the product you have ordered is unavailable we'll contact you by e-mail or phone, and you will then have the option either to wait until the item is available (if at all) or to cancel your order.
All prices are inclusive of VAT at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering information. However, we can change prices prior to purchase without giving prior notice. Please check the website for up to date pricing before you place your order.
We'll take all reasonable care to keep details of your order and payment secure. We're not liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data provided by you when ordering from the website, except if resulting from our negligence.
Offers to purchase and description of products
Each product purchased is sold subject to a product description that sets out additional specific terms related to that product. This will include information concerning estimated delivery times and any warranties.
Your online order or webchat agreement to the Terms and Conditions will be treated as an offer to purchase products from us. We are not legally obliged to provide the products and services to you during the offer process (before the contract is completed).
Our contract with you will be completed when a) we dispatch the goods to you; b) we commence the services; or when we debit your debit card, whichever is the earlier. Any automated acknowledgements of your order that you may receive from us do not amount to our acceptance of your offer to purchase goods or services advertised on the website.
All orders will be subject to an ID check and will be delivered by Royal Mail within 3-4 working day from the date that Talkmobile processes your order.
Please note that we only deliver to addresses in the UK. Deliveries to Northern Ireland, Aberdeenshire, the Scottish Highlands and Islands and the Channel Islands may take up to 3 additional days to arrive. Please note: deliveries during holiday periods may take longer to arrive.
Returns and Cancellation
Our returns policy means you can change your mind. You can cancel and return your order, subject to the time limits set out in our Returns policy.
If you are a consumer customer, you have the right to cancel your online order no later than 14 calendar days after the day you receive your products or services or your welcome email whichever is the later. To cancel your order within this period please call our Help Team on 0333 304 8064 To return your purchase and cancel your new agreement you must within 14 days:
- Notify us by phone on 0333 304 8064.
- If you wish to retain your number, please let our Help Team know by requesting your PAC. Your account with Talkmobile continues until your PAC is used with another provider. If oyu do not use it within 30 days your account with Talkmobile.
- Please keep your direct debit open to ensure any pro-rata payments for line rental and out of bundle charges may be taken. Failure to complete this payment will affect your credit file.
There is no need to return the SIM card to us. Please dispose of the SIM card in line with local WEEE guidance.
We will set up your account with your direct debit details at the time of purchase.
If you're a consumer, the terms of this agreement won't affect any legal rights which you may have under any law and which we can't exclude. We’ll send you notices by email, post, text, voicemail or other form of electronic message.
Please tell us about any changes to your contact details so we can contact you in relation to your order or use of our services.
We may update these terms from time to time, so please check the then-current version before you place your order.
These terms are governed by English law, unless:
- you live in Scotland, in which case, it will be governed by Scots law; or
- you live in Northern Ireland, in which case it will be governed by the law of Northern Ireland.
Your Personal Information
Our liability to you
We're legally responsible to you if our negligence causes death or personal injury, but we're not responsible to you for any:
- Business loss, lost business or missed opportunities
- Loss of profits or income
- Loss of use of the services
- Special losses
- Loss of data
- Loss arising from delay or failure to deliver products or services
- Loss or damage that's not directly caused by us, or which we couldn't reasonably expect at the time we entered into the agreement with you or because of something outside of our reasonable control
- Talkmobile Limited,
- The Connection,
- RG14 2FN
Telephone: 0333 304 8064